The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to enable first aid to be given to employees if they are injured or become ill at work. The Regulations apply to all workplaces including those with five or fewer employees and to the self-employed.
See below or if none available, contact the Office (01449 722400)
End of day 1 and end of day 3
Stowmarket or Colchester Training Centre
What is deemed as adequate?
The first stage to determine adequacy would in most cases be an assessment based on the circumstances in your partiuclar workplace.
- are trained first-aiders required?
- what first aid box is required
- if a first aid box is required, what should it contain?
The minimum first-aid provision required on any work site would be:
- a suitably stocked first-aid box (determined by your previous assessment)
- an appointed person to take charge of first-aid arrangements
Your can download a copy of the HSE First Aid at Work Approved Code of Practice (L74) from