What is deemed as adequate?
The first stage to determine adequacy would in most cases be an assessment based on the circumstances in your partiuclar workplace.
- are trained first-aiders required?
- what first aid box is required
- if a first aid box is required, what should it contain?
The minimum first-aid provision required on any work site would be:
- a suitably stocked first-aid box (determined by your previous assessment)
- an appointed person to take charge of first-aid arrangements
Your can download a copy of the HSE First Aid at Work Approved Code of Practice (L74) from