The drivers of all vehicles (including those with a gross vehicle weight of 3.5 tonnes or less) carrying dangerous goods must have an ADR training certificate.
This course equips drivers with knowledge and understanding so that they are:
– aware of the hazards in the carriage of dangerous goods.
– able to take steps to reduce the likelihood of an incident taking place.
– take all necessary measures for their own safety, that of the public ,and of the environment to limit the effects of any incident that does occur.
– have individual practical experience of the actions they would be expected to take.
This is a 3 ½ day course with exams on the morning of the 4th day.
Class 2 – Gases
Class 3 – Flammable Liquids
Class 4 – Flammable Solids
Class 5 – Oxidising Substances and Organic Peroxides
Class 6 – Toxic and Infectious Substances
Class 8 – Corrosive Substances
Class 9 – Miscellaneous Substances
Cost: £275.00 + vat & £20 for each exam
Attending this course can also count towards 21 hours Drivers CPC (for an additional £26.25).
This add-on course can be taken by candidates who wish to have tanker entitlement on their ADR card. Cost: £140 + vat + £20 exam
You must either:
– be attending an initial course to get your core module and at least one class
– be adding this module to your existing ADR card
– be refreshing your existing ADR entitlement
Tanks – Specific Training
- This training module covers only the general requirements of ADR.
- Further specific training is required by the employer regarding specific vehicles, equipment and specific loads.